Hamer Fan Club Message Center

So, I bought a custom '59 Flying V...

I've been watching this Paolo Sulci guy for a few years.  He's in Italy.  He makes Korina Flying V replicas.  I bought one on Reverb.  Our own Chris Matthes has been lurking too.  Guitar is fantastic.  It's not going to fool anyone into thinking it's a vintage Gibson.  But it is a righteous guitar.  

vYhXKwY.jpg

m01P4oO.jpg

SqKvDZk.jpg

XOAKXSm.jpg

9mD61PG.jpg

QB48Yf8.jpg

10 hours ago, The Shark said:

I've been watching this Paolo Sulci guy for a few years.  He's in Italy.  He makes Korina Flying V replicas.  I bought one on Reverb.  Our own Chris Matthes has been lurking too.  Guitar is fantastic.  It's not going to fool anyone into thinking it's a vintage Gibson.  But it is a righteous guitar.  

vYhXKwY.jpg

m01P4oO.jpg

SqKvDZk.jpg

XOAKXSm.jpg

9mD61PG.jpg

QB48Yf8.jpg

No, it won't fool anyone, because as soon as they see it or hold it, they'll know it's better! And as much as I loved the raised logos on the originals, I really like the naked headstock with the cracking/checking lacquer - it actually looks honest, unlike 99.99999% of "aged" finishes. Beauty!

Very Cool guitar! And the aging looks REALLY well done unlike many of those relicing jobs. I'm not much of Flying V guy although I DID own one way back when. But if I was buying now I'd own that one over any Gibson...................except of course a REAL one.;)

Very nice indeed, congrats on the acquisition!  That pickguard doesn't quite match the relic job IMO, you might want to break the point off of it, or at least crack it, right at the last screw for an 'authentic' look. ;) :lol:  Just a thought.

19 hours ago, kizanski said:

QBtqWW8y9D_dP-q_WtAmvRfv2xgX0ZaH8SB0_gN2

Then there's...

lmgtfy_logo-b222a421fb6cf257985abfab188b

I don't know what that first string of characters was supposed to be, but I figured FIFY out.  LMGTFY is great.  You don't see that used as much as it used to be.

Archived