mrjamiam Posted March 14, 2014 Posted March 14, 2014 No affiliation: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAMER-USA-SPECIAL-EDITION-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-TV-YELLOW-UPGRADES-SCALLOPED-FRETS-/281286131672?pt=Guitar&hash=item417df5bfd8Actually, that should be NO AFFILIATION. Why, why, why would someone scallop the fret board and then dump it on the bay with what I assess as a humorously high price?Also has a non-original pickup, AND "You can see the wood grain through the finish almost."If it's someone here's axe and I've given offense, I apologize, but I just don't get it.
Cary Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 "Its in excellent condition. Has about $450 in just neck work alone"Yeah... Unfortunately it's going to cost more than that to reverse the damage you've done to it, Yngwie.
cmatthes Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 Ha!$450 put into the neck work to devalue it $500.
hamerhead Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 If that guy has nuts, he should be kicked in them.
coolfeel Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 Hmmm, what the fuck is up with that "thing" under the pickups? Looks like he is harvesting a disease in a giant petri dish. Seriously that guitar looks fucking hideous.
veatch Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 Take off the pickguard and put a P90 back in the bridge, it wouldn't be too bad. Assuming you like scalloped frets and a neck with an oil finish. $350 sounds about right...
killerteddybear Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 I offered him $350.00 plus shipping.Let's see what happens...
cynic Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 Even the guy that commissioned and financed all the "upgrades" doesn't want the freakin' thing anymore. Why does he think anyone else would?
bubs_42 Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 Someone bet him he couldn't make it uglier and he was up to the challenge.
cynic Posted March 15, 2014 Posted March 15, 2014 His description should include "this guitar fills a much-needed gap"
LucSulla Posted March 16, 2014 Posted March 16, 2014 Well, that really puts just adding a Floyd into perspective. That poor guitar.
ARM OF HAMER Posted March 16, 2014 Posted March 16, 2014 OUCH! Its been upgraded to another guitar thats been modded beyond repair.............I would NOT offer $350.00. Here is a much better version.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-USA-Special-Junior-Custom-TV-Yellow-/331153797049?pt=Guitar&hash=item4d1a4defb9
Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame Posted March 16, 2014 Posted March 16, 2014 It's all about expressing yourself through your guitar, no?
ARM OF HAMER Posted March 16, 2014 Posted March 16, 2014 Its all about ruining a vintage Hamer thats no longer being made into a guitar that never should be made.
killerteddybear Posted March 16, 2014 Posted March 16, 2014 I offered him $350.00 plus shipping.Let's see what happens......gee, my offer was declined.
anotherfreak Posted March 17, 2014 Posted March 17, 2014 ok,Honest question,if you have BIG frets like that, why scallop the neck above the 12th fret? With frets like that you'd have to squeeze the crap out of 'em to get anywhere near the fretboard. I have played scalloped necks with more of a "vintage" small fret and I could see the need for the scallop, but WHY re-fret AND scallop?
Hamer95USA Posted March 17, 2014 Posted March 17, 2014 What a shame to modify the Special like that. If someone bought that guitar, they'll have to install a new rosewood fretboard/refret, replace the missing stock Seymour Duncan P-90 pickup, remove the cheesy pickgutard, and refinish the neck & body. It would be an expensive guitar restoration project.Guitar George
kanegon Posted March 17, 2014 Posted March 17, 2014 If it's a 93, there were so many made I don't think it's worth crying over. Silly markup aside (there's no accounting for that...), I kinda think it's okay to mod P90 Specials. That's what I figured when I added an OEM guard - hell it's mine, I'll do whatever I want. It was my punk rock guitar and it looked great! Who knows, that neck could be killer too. Had a blast playing a Vox with a scalloped neck once...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.