Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/06/2026 in all areas
-
I recently ordered a couple custom cabs from TRM ( http://www.trmguitarcabs.com/index.html ) and promptly upon arrival dropped them off with a friend that is very good at applying tolex. Just got the completed pics and will be picking them up asap. I will be rehoming my Suhr SL-15 into the head cab. Speakers still TBD, vertical 2x12 btw. Will probably swap a few different ones in for evaluation. Wish I could play as fast as these look.8 points
-
6 points
-
I took care of this issue by getting a 25.5" Shishkov DC years ago (fuck, I think the order was placed over 10 years ago 😳). A true visionary I am.5 points
-
5 points
-
3 points
-
3 points
-
3 points
-
2 points
-
That's a stupid crazy low price for that guitar. I'd never sell mine for that.2 points
-
2 points
-
That's hilarious! The same pups my 91 LP Studio Lite had with the same weight relief, just tuxedo'd instead of Studio'd. Only an extra $5100 for the Custom looks and long scale. What a bargain! Wait... What?! That POS will never be missed! Now they spec that in CS guitars, talk about it like it's desirable, and know dumbass collectors with FOMO will keep them in business... Do yourself a favor and buy a couple nice Hamers instead. This is an early 90s entry-level spec Lester in a tux and fancier case. Not the artistry of a Super Pro.2 points
-
Dare I say that is pretty much what the Hamer Talladega Pro was going for? I really liked it a lot. (Yeah, you know me. I had three and let them all go. Jol arguably tried to go upmarket toward the Huber Dolphin and did so as the economy was tanking. His efforts more or less live on with the Dantzig Tulsa. Which I have not played). Pretty much from the moment I got it, the Dolphin spoiled me. You might consider it a mashup of a Tele and LP, what with the coil splits and body shape. Whatever. It made me a better player from day one. I am a broken record😉.....FWIW, I play it a lot more than the Orca 59, which gets closer to a LP (Generally with a 25" scale). FWIW, I would tend to prefer something other than the 490/498 pickups, but YMMV. Anyway, I would suggest trying it before turning the thumb down. Once upon a time you might get a Dolphin in the low $3k range, but them days are long gone. https://www.premierguitar.com/hamer-talladega-pro-review2 points
-
2 points
-
The Korina with Boomers was sold through Elduave’s Rocketeria. Alan Day ran the Music & Arts nearby and rejected it, so Dave got dibs and as I recall, a local non-playing doctor in the Olney, MD area bought it. Seems like the same dude selling it now for more than twice what he bought it for new. Despite that, it was a lightweight, stellar-playing guitar.2 points
-
Sorry....never really put the two together before. It could be something else, butthole. You and me are gonna have it out pretty soon. I've been in over 50 fistfigh........oh, wait......that was someone else. My mistake. Nevermind.2 points
-
Hi from the beautiful Milano, Italia this baby has to go, too much stuff in this appartment... 1993 Hamer Special, excellent shape, some small dings but nothing really visible except a small crack in the varnish at the neck junction (just the paint, nothing structural) original Hardshell case, in very good condition slim neck, Schaller tuners MODS : -Lollar neck P90 -I put the original neck PU (SD SP90-2n MJ) in the bridge position (polarity changed for phase purposes) I love that PU in this position, the original bridge PU was sold -knobs changed but I have the original ones -copper shielded cavity -wiring with 1 Vol and 2 tone, as I like it happy to ship to HFC members with anticipated paypal F&F, vivible in Milano or France (I travel a lot between IT and FR) thinking of 1400 EUR + shipping, I paid 1600 EUR 5 years ago to a french fellow and didn't use it that much as my beloved Newport Pro is still N°1 take care!1 point
-
SOLD Great playing and sounding Artist Custom. Rosewood fretboard, frets are in very good condition with some slight wear, but probably 90+% of original height. Weight: 7lbs. 6 oz. Neck depth: 0.87" @ 1st fret, 0.95" at 12th Original Seth Lover pickups and (I assume) original Tone Pros locking bridge and tailpiece. I'm pricing this well below market for a perfect similar model because of the following: There is a professionally repaired binding separation in the top waist curve; There is a small unrepaired binding separation in the lower cutaway; There are tiny indentations on the back behind the upper horn. these are shallow and slightly larger than pin pricks. Photos of these imperfections are attached. No COA, but it includes an interesting vintage Hamer merchandise order form. Price: $1,750.00 plus $150.00 shipping, Continental US only. Sorry about the shipping cost and limitation, but that's just the reality of the market at the moment. If you're in the Chicago or Madison, WI area, I'm happy to arrange an in-person hand-off and waive $100 of the the shipping.1 point
-
Apparently these aren't getting any cheaper. If only I had unlimited funds ... Boomers in Maryland! https://reverb.com/item/97847378-2007-hamer-usa-korina-vector-flying-v-custom-shop-58-gibson-specs? SoCal, So Cool: https://reverb.com/item/96218338-hamer-korina-v-1998-translucent-red? There's also a red KK Downing, an 82 sustain block for $1500 (in Ukraine w/neck repair etc), 81 Sunburst w/Sustain Block, (I don't know, did all these have sustain blocks?) and several more ...1 point
-
Is this a case of "What took you so long?" or "Who in the world would buy this? Discuss. https://www.gibson.com/blogs/gibson-gazette/gibson-custom-announces-les-paul-custom-long-scale1 point
-
You're making my point for me. The 1st link is a regular LPC for $5,500. A LPC with a longer scale - a special model - priced only $500 more makes sense. The 2nd link is a "'70's style" model for $4,000. Not a bad price for a new LPC, but that's if you want one that reminds you of Norlin era Les Pauls. Some do, some don't, but they're not for everyone. We might see these long scale LPCs down the road at a discount, but for now I think they're priced right.1 point
-
1 point
-
Sweetwater has Les Paul Customs for less than $5999. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPCEBGH1E--gibson-custom-les-paul-custom-ebony-with-ebony-fingerboard https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPCU700EBGH--gibson-70s-les-paul-custom-electric-guitar-ebony1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
Didn't check because I don't care. I won't be getting one no matter what they cost. My praise was strictly aesthetically-based.1 point
-
I just heard that Brent is planning to contribute his version of Star Spangled Banner.1 point
-
Nothing new here. Gibson built "long scale" guitars 25 or 30 years ago. Nobody cared. You can buy Nighthawks and Blueshawks for about $1500 or so on Reverb and ebay anytime if you are curious. I never found a Nighthawk that stayed around but I do like my '06 Blueshawk.1 point
-
I guess this would appeal if you love the aesthetics of an LP but crave the sonic and, to a lesser degree, ergonomic characteristics of a long scale ax. Buckethead plays a baritone 27" scale LP.1 point
-
Don't remember seeing any others in this color. Very nice, seems like a fair price. Hamer Custom Shop Artist Custom (2004) - Transparent Teal #53727 with Original Hard Case | Reverb1 point
-
I've been trying to understand the Fender amp history for a few years now. And I tried out the first Brown Deluxe I've ever seen in person last weekend. I have a Mesa California Tweed that I absolutely love. And I bought a Blackface Deluxe Reverb @Dutchman built a few months ago which is a smoker. So, the Brown is next(?). Probably not. But, here's 5 watt world putting it all together. Hamer content included.1 point
-
The Five Watt World stuff is really great. I also love how honest he is about his own gear tendencies. There's one where he talks about having guitars that are almost "too good" to actually play, and revealed that his PRS S2 guitars are his number one players. He's also right that the Deluxe really is the sweet spot for vintage Fender amps, if you want to drive them hard to get some nice chewiness. Sure you can do it with a twin but you'll level your house. So many of the popular mods for Fender amps are fore the Deluxe.1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
I dug these out got another member… The promo is way out of date… Interested in trade offers… there can’t be many of these original 1985 items out there…1 point
-
1 point
-
2005 Hamer USA Korina Vector Original HSC Certificate of authenticity and owner's card Pristine condition My photos are to0 big to download on this page, so I am providing my craigslist link Local pick up preferred Hamer USA Korina Vector 2005 - musical instruments - by owner - sale - craigslist1 point
-
1 point
-
I dug these out for you - I think these were what it shipped with…1 point
-
Welcome to the Hamer Fan Club! Strings should have been 0.10 to 0.46 (what Steve uses, anyway). Pickups were DiMarzio (stamped Hamer). Definitely post pictures when you receive it!1 point
-
TV Jones T90 or Gibson custom shop spec'd p90(brass plate). The key to a good p90 growl is shimming the bobbin as close as you can tolerate to the strings, then balance out with adjusting pole pieces.1 point
-
Dave, as you know I am the original owner of that amp and it is simply incredible. Jim is a friend and good people. Reach out to him and tell him you are a friend of mine (Mark R.). He will take care of you if able. If not try plugging in-known good tubes one at a time. The 6g3 circuits was the nastiest Fender ever made, IMO, especially when paired with an early breakup Jensen or Oxford as the amps originally came with. Alternatively,the amp goes gonzo(see what I did there) with an EV SRO a la the Nuge on Cat Scratch Fever. If you need help with the amp, reach out brother. Hope all is well on the FLA west coast.1 point
-
A. Reach out to Jim, ask nicely for advice and or referral. B. Take it to your local amp tech with some rep that will do you right. No need to mingle in there when there's ppl out there trying to make an honest living doing what you need to accomplish. Shit breaks down. Get it fix and enjoy. Life's too short.1 point
-
1 point
-
Looks like the bottom of a Floyd Rose bridge saddle. Those can fall out. Remove the string lock block, put the shim back in, put the lock block back in, and you should be fine. I've had some that just won't stay on, so i replaced the saddle.1 point