Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tell us about your screen name

chap

Mine's obvious I like black set neck chaps. Playing one makes me feel like I'm can play 10 times better than I actually can... XD

Just for fun, whats in your screen name?

Mine is name related, of course. I always kind of enjoyed spanning the alphabet! I thought that "ArnieZ" would be unique but on several occasions I have not been able to use it, it was taken!

ArnieZ

I started on communicating on BBS's way back in early 90's. I started by renting a 300 baud modem from our local amiga club. I bought a 300 baud modem to download "stuff" from amiga bbs boards, then moved up to a 1200 baud, finally bought a 2400 baud modem and thought I was in high speed heaven. Anonymity was really valued then so as we started to talk on some of the first boards we made up names. I was really into math at the time. Taking Calculus, set theory, logic and other fun college classes so I was the mathman.

I like chili and beer. :blink:

:)

But seriously, when I joined here, I was primarily a bass player so I got to thinking about a name that would represent low powerful sounds, and Thundernotes came from that.

Sounded better than SpiderDave or GamecockDave.

Arturo Bandini was the protagonist in a few John Fante novels I was exposed to while in college. The line I remember most from those stories was "I am not a son of a bitch! I am Arturo Bandini!" Self affirmation at its finest!

A friend gave me the nickname El Duave, based on the popularity of the song Rico Suave at the time, my Spanish heritage, and the fact that you add a "u" to Dave and you get Duave.

Twas the name of my wife's 3 legged Chihuahua when we started dating. Hack's name was a bastardization of manservant Hecubus from a skit on Kids In The Hall.

I never thought I'd miss the nineties, but I kinda wax nostalgic everynow & so often about the nineties now. :)

A friend gave me the nickname El Duave, based on the popularity of the song Rico Suave at the time, my Spanish heritage, and the fact that you add a "u" to Dave and you get Duave.

Kind of "The Doft One"?

Kind of "The Doft One"?

?

Kind of a mash-up of the last two syllables of my last name with "guit" on the front. I think one of the bass players I used to play with originally came up with it.

Mark

Archived