Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Early April Fools Gibson?

Gibson can't even render proper tooling to make an accurate 1958-spec Explorer headstock shape (outside a small number of CS Explorers) . Not sure I trust them to get anything else correct.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember when they piled up a shit load of brand new guitars and ran over them with a Dozer? I hope they kept that Dozer handy. It looks like a Tulip being molested by a hockey stick. I guess they didn't understand why no one built one in the 65 years since it was designed. It's FUGLY!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, G Man said:

What's the over/under on actually seeing one of these on a stage someday?

Zero chance. In fact...

5 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

Does anyone remember when they piled up a shit load of brand new guitars and ran over them with a Dozer? I hope they kept that Dozer handy.

...this is the first thing that I thought of when I saw that eyesore of a guitar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

Does anyone remember when they piled up a shit load of brand new guitars and ran over them with a Dozer?

56 minutes ago, kizanski said:

...this is the first thing that I thought of when I saw that eyesore of a guitar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bry4321 said:

You guys left off the best part:

"the Theodore lists for $4,999." https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/gibson-revives-lost-ted-mccarty-design-1950s-theodore/ 

(I have no idea what that means in terms of actual price to buy.) 

They’re misinformed on the MSRP:

The Music Zoo

ETA: The guitar.com link is for their initial, CS offering with P90s/wraptail. Whatever, still ridiculous at any price.

Edited by RobB
  • Thanks 1

Bucovac had one (albeit, loaded with P-90s) a month or so ago raving about how great is sounded.  Call me shallow, but I couldn't get past the looks to care what it sounded like.  In college we would have termed this a "contraceptive guitar" (original reference was 'contraceptive shoes,' but I will take license).

Aw, come on. All they have to do is get Joe B. to play one for a couple of nights and they'll sell like hotcakes.

They are hidious looking though. I don't think the Teisco tulips are very popular either.

• Like 1