Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/26/2026 in all areas
-
12 points
-
6 points
-
It's a HAMER SPECIAL! Put a Sustain Block on it, you cretin.6 points
-
You could always merge the two ideas...5 points
-
They are fantastic guitars, like most Hamers are. They tend to be Les Paul heavy, but that just comes with the territory. I think if you can get one to your door for 2K or less, you have done a good job. Well worth having IMHO. Start throwing out some offers, and someone will need the cash. You'll be happy you did..5 points
-
Not sure this is the right forum or not? but, I've been eyeballin these guitars for the past couple few years and notice that they will be for sale for months and years in some cases. Most seem to be in the $2300-$2800.00 (The higher end usually has a make offer option but most don't) with the few that are obviously "dreaming" of getting anything near the price they want apparently. I guess my question is...are they not desirable? Are they not a great guitar as most Hamers are? I haven't jumped on one yet and would really like to but if it turns out not to be my thing I don't want to be stuck with it. I don't mind taking a small hit on things I resell (Education ain't cheap..lol!) but to me it looks like it would be a substantial hit if that were to happen. Anyway..Just curious???4 points
-
GC.com used inventory is where they remain relevant for me, maybe 75% of my gear comes from there. Lands on your porch, test drive up to 45 days, return locally if its not a keeper.4 points
-
The only thing worse than engineer guitarist CEO would be an engineer lawyer guitarist CEO. -Jonathan (BSEE, JD)4 points
-
Every now and then I say to myself, "hey why don't I try this". Then I say to myself, "nah, that won't work". That's when I return to my potato chips and beer...4 points
-
4 points
-
Thank goodness, I didn’t know how much longer I could hold out.3 points
-
I had a short scale Monaco Elite Mahogany years ago and it was great and did the LP thing very well. I now have a hollow Fender-scale Monaco Monaco which has an incredible neck that is downright Shishkovian. The carved top Monacos are typical Hamer quality…overbuilt and super-playable. And the shelf is a non-issue. Buy with confidence.3 points
-
Here you go: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Hamer/Used-Hamer-Monaco-Elite-Smokehouse-Burst-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc?source=4WWRWXMP&utm_id=590216646&utm_creative=71537248082103&utm_marketing_tactic=guitar&msclkid=69bdfa0569ac1c78e0f790b2a1beecf4 "...in stunning Smokehouse Burst...." $2K isn't terrible (lowest I saw in a quick search). Make them an offer they can't refuse.3 points
-
3 points
-
3 points
-
3 points
-
My 2 cents.....I do have an Elite. Goldtop with non-original P90s. Lollars, IIRC. IMO, it is a better guitar than the original 1956 Goldtop I had for nearly 2 decades. (Longer story on what happened there). Suffice to say it fills that niche very well. Yeah, there IS a difference in market value! 😉 The "shelf" is not an issue for me on either that guitar or my number 1 Hamer (Monaco Superpro). Do not expect either to pop up for sale.....2 points
-
Finally glad you $old it. Very tempting, indeed... 😏2 points
-
....Or this pretty blue one on Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/93553403-hamer-monaco-elite-indigo-blue-2007?sv1=affiliate&sv_campaign_id=1001765&awc=67144_1790429678_948911063c731b167cb169553b94e163 $2250. I've never owned one but came close. It was very similar to the 'Smokehouse burst' one above. It felt great, like a Hamer (great neck, don't remember it being unusually heavy. It was new and right around $1500 (20 years ago). Shoulda. Didn't. Stupid (and poor). Being a Hamer, you'll take a hit or sit on it awhile. Nobody seems to be buying shit now. At least with GC you can send it back if it's not your thing.2 points
-
I had 2 good tickets for KK’s Priest and Wasp at the Florida Theater. I just realized today that the concert was last night. Kind of bummed.2 points
-
My fear is to miss a show because of forgetfulness. A friend did that once. The closest W.A.S.P. and KK's Priest show is five hours away-- tonight! A friend had a ticket, then sold it because she cannot go. When KK's Priest came around a couple of years ago the show felt like a Judas Priest show. It was worth seeing, especially if you have any doubts.2 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
I have been taking care of Davy Knowles' guitars and at a recent show I brought my 59 TV for him to play. He asked me if I had an amp in the van. I had my trusty old bulletproof Tech21 Trademark60. He told me to bring it in that we would jam and I assumed this would be before the show. I was wrong… It was during the show. For your entertainment pleasure, here is the head cutting section at the end of the song…1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
I made short video, hope it will be more clear wha it can:1 point
-
I had a Goldtop Elite P-90 that I never should have gotten rid of. It was alittle heavy tho.1 point
-
It was recently announced that GC is opening a store in Stamford where I live. It's a huge space, so...1 point
-
Looks like a nice gig! Play well and remember to enjoy and savor the moments. You totally got this! ROCK FORTH!1 point
-
I predict that the GC "mid tier" guitar will be made in the Cort factory in Indonesia, look very much like a PRS and sell for $1,500.00 with a gig bag.1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
In fairness to @DaveH I've seen IBS and TDC used interchangeably on here. Yes, sometimes it was posted as IBS because the person was not dead but... well, in bad shape. However, in the time it took to post and or to be read, that condition changed to TDC. Cornfusion is certainly understandable.1 point
-
I know my signature catch phrase may be appealing with respect to this sale. But there, most likely, is only one.1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
Are you tryin to say nice boys do play rock and roll? My entire philosophy on life has been thrown out the window. Kidding Good to see he’s a nice bloke1 point
-
Saw them twice in the same week back in 2001, including a show in Birmingham that took place in the midst of a tornado warning. Good times. They kind of lost me after Lateralus, but those first three albums and the Opiate EP were formational. When I was in college, my band rehearsed at this storage unit facility that must have had 10 other bands out there at night. I remember the week after Lateralus came out, all the bands who were doing nu-metal and post-grunge - Papa Roach, Staind, Nonpoint, all that kind of stuff - were out there trying to get their compound time signature on. We had already steeped quite a bit in Tool, but even before we got into them, in the interregnum between Aenima and Lateralus, we were pretty heavily into Faith No More, Alice in Chains, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Helmet, Meshuggah, a smattering of pretentious fusion shit like Return to Forever and Mahavishnu Orchestra, and (unavoidably) southern rock. We never could quite figure out if we wanted people to shake their ass, head bang, or whip out a calculator, so we arrived at porque no todos! Anyway, we'd been leaning into prog rock for awhile and were cracking up at listening to three different bands all trying to figure out how to play Lateralus on the same night after listening to them play nothing but Blink 182 and Nickelback for the past year. Wish I could have bottled some of those days up and taste them again on occasion.1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point