Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/10/2026 in all areas

  1. This is the jig I made, I still need to write "Don't forget to pre install the barrel and heat shrink dumbass!"
    8 points
  2. One comes to mind. It is delayed regret it was a pretty good deal in the mid 70’s. I got a 1964 SG just like this one at the flea market. A seminary student was selling all kinds of stuff and had this on his table. I forget any negotiations but ended up with it for $165. A year or so later I saw a Marshall 50W and cab in a nearby town and I was jonesing for Marshall. The guy was going in the Army and would be in Germany where he couldn’t take the amp. So we traded. Nobody much wanted an SG at that time and Marshalls were expensive. I’m very happy to have the amp. I still remember how well the SG was built and the beautiful mahogany that you don’t see these days.
    7 points
  3. About 15 years ago I could have picked up one of these for $1250 but passed:
    5 points
  4. I stopped watching after it seemed like it's just about new production, a few years ago I gathered enough good used to last me well past forever. I think there is still quite a bit of good used out there, but that would require some hunting/legwork. Here's one you don't see every day: Mullard Master Series 10M, rated for 10,000 hours iirc
    4 points
  5. 1996 Hamer USA Mirage II - Maple top version, Kool Blue finish. All stock other than the neck pickup has been swapped out with a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickup. The volute has a ding on it. No, the neck is not broken or had any repairs, it’s just a ding at the volute. Please see photos. guitar is in excellent condition otherwise. Come with Hamer hard shell case. Just put on a fresh set of strings. Looking to NET $1450, shipping and PayPal fees are extra. Open for trades only for one of the following: Newport, Monaco semi-hollow body, or Hamer 12 string.
    2 points
  6. My regret is too embarrassing to post. But the rent got paid that month.
    2 points
  7. Here is something that may not be of interest to everyone. And little or no involvement of guitars! I have long been a big fan of Mosaic Records. They carry on after the death of Michael Cuscuna and his link to such as the classic Blue Note days. Many of the precious recordings go back to old 78s. Masters? Very unlikely. So the best (relative term) is generally a rare and well worn original record. Meaning scratchy and otherwise noisy. And that may have been recorded at something other than 78 rpm, with grooves that vary and a center hole that may be off center. Here is a video that outlines the steps they go through to recover the original sound. This relates to classic Louis Armstrong recordings that are now over 100 years old. And which is being released today....Last day to order at a discount😉 I like the before and after comparisons. Like always, these are released in limited quantities and pretty much sure to gain in value in the future. No affiliation other than by appreciation of their work.
    2 points
  8. It's worth adding that none of these solutions will solve the problem of soldering all of the conductors, only to realize that you didn't put the barrel piece of the connector onto the cable first. I've made hundreds of cables and I still do that from time to time.
    2 points
  9. At rehearsal last night, there was recollection of some old dealings with BCR Music (longer story) that lead me into the rabbit hole of German "Les Pauls". Gave me an excuse to pull them out for a family shot...... Hard to pick a favorite. Each has its own personality.
    2 points
  10. Just Drill a 1/4" hole in a piece of scrap wood. For mic cables drill 3 1/8" holes in the right spots. Works great
    1 point
  11. Also met Bill Keliher from Mastodon and was every bit as awkward as I figured I would be. Uncle Acid is always a lot of fun and is proof positive that you can play Sabbath-esque metal through a couple of Fender Twins. I get why they don't make albums like they sound live, but I wish they made albums like they sound live. I can appreciate the artistic vision, but damn, when your band really is "that" band, why not capture it. I met two guys down front who had never seen them before, and I told them, "These guys are way louder and way heavier live than on their records." Four bars into the first song, and they turn around and mouth, "Holy Shit!" I just nod with a smile. But the real revelation was Messa, kind of a doom/goth band from Italy with an absolutely top shelf guitar player and incredible front woman. There is more than a little jazz in there too. If you want to go see a guy stand up there with a tele into a couple of Hiwatts and suck you in with some absolutely tasty chops only to tear your face off in the best possible way, highly recommend. I don't generally get into things that lean this far into the goth realm, but when the players are this good, you can't deny it. This music video pretty well sums the experience up. Stick with it through the solo section - that note at 7:07... oh man, that's a good note. I've listened to that solo section probably 20 times today.
    1 point
  12. A picture of my 1990 Chaparral Bass neck joint compared to this 1989 that is for sale. What is the deal with the Chaparral neckjoint differences and why?
    1 point
  13. One Gibson I always had a urge for, but never got my hands on is the ES-225. (I did have a couple of the bigger body 125s back when they were cheap). Here is one that is "Affordable". Go ahead, I dare you! Looks like something Jerry Garcia mighta cooked up..... https://reverb.com/item/101213075-gibson-es-225-1957-sunburst-modified-3-pickup
    1 point
  14. I have had this amp for a while. I really like what Andy has done. Great improvements over the original ODS make it very versatile. Way overkill for little old me! I have made no secret about my like for the D type amps.... Anyway, it looks like my downsizing is accelerating a bit. I have a buyer and expect the sale will be completed quickly. If one has an interest in these, worth checking out. As you would expect, not exactly cheap. To say the least! But you can certainly spend more for amps in this range! Pictured here with a Feiten/Fuchs design ultra light 2 x 12 and Atlas tilt back set.
    1 point
  15. I do have a 2x12 with two Texas Heat speakers in it, which handle 150 watts each, and it's an 8 ohm cab, so it would only get 150 Watts anyway. I wonder how they would play with it. First I need to sell off like 4 amps though. I have no room for more amps OOPS.
    1 point
  16. Yes. A custom order for a Hamer salesman. Sculpted heel, curly maple, humbucker in the bridge... One of a kind. So of course I sold it.
    1 point
  17. I have a Mirage II Koa, and these are nice guitars. Good price as well!
    1 point
  18. As good as he was, his stage moves were a bit.......different. YT videos of earlier shows - when he's not playing guitar - are cringe-worthy. Speaking of guitar, he was a lot better than given credit for.
    1 point
  19. Have not seen an R9 with top or back grain that matches this one. No idea how the seller settled on this price, BUT….. https://reverb.com/item/101546592-2001-gibson-historic-reissue-lp-r9-coa-custom-shop-aaaaa-monster-top
    1 point
  20. Or shrink tubing... 😦
    1 point
  21. This 1979 Rick 4001. For me, it was simply the best "fit" ever--ergonomics (to include weight and balance), sonic properties, "blend" capability with a guitar in a three-piece format, etc. Traded even on a Leo-era L-1000 when I was trying out a "how-many-of-this-model-can-I-acquire" experiment, and while the G & L category was interesting, I should have stuck with the original "one of each" collection guidelines I had set.
    1 point
  22. For me, bringing in is 99.99% of the time something that's a project that I then never end up doing anything with. Getting rid of probably my 1st year Ibanez RG550 in Atlantic Blue. Looked like this one. I had it with EMGs: 89/SA/89 with splits. It was played a lot for 15 years and I hadn't played it an ages. Great guitar that covered a lot of bases. Any Hamers I've gotten, I've kept figuring I could always sell those later.
    1 point
  23. With that guitar tone he could play a buzz saw, no one would notice the difference.
    1 point
  24. I have so many fucking regrets I try not to think about them. None have anything to do with a guitar.
    1 point
  25. I think my regrets are more about the ones I didn't buy than the ones I let go too soon. Way too many to list.
    1 point
  26. So great. Love everything about this.
    1 point
  27. We've identified and resolved an issue where some members were being blocked from accessing the site entirely. Our automated security system (firewall) was being overly aggressive and accidentally blocking legitimate users who triggered too many false positives during normal browsing. If you were unable to access the site and it suddenly works again — this is why. You've been unblocked. The security thresholds have been adjusted to prevent this from happening to regular members going forward. If you're still unable to reach the site, please have someone pass along your IP address to an admin so we can check. You can find your IP at https://whatismyip.com. Regarding email notifications: We've also resolved an issue with outgoing emails (password resets, notifications, etc.) not reaching Gmail and other providers. If you previously requested a password reset and never received it, please try again — it should work now. If you're still not receiving forum emails, please check your spam/junk folder first, and let us know if the issue persists. — Ted / HFC Admin
    1 point
  28. VH-1 or Ozzy's Blizzard of Oz
    1 point
  29. Previously there were a couple things on the site map of the main page such as links to wiring diagrams and serial number information. Those are no longer available. Is it possible to readd them? Thanks for the revamp!!!! 😎👍❤️🏁
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...