Hamer Fan Club Message Center

#83 Silverburst Ultimate aka The Metal Tuxedo

deadringer

Super impressed and excited, happy... you name it; this guitar is killer!

#83 Ultimate in Silverburst, which I'm affectionately referring to as "The Metal Tuxedo". Because if I ever had a metal gig that required a tuxedo, this is the axe, hands down.

All class with a metal attitude. Mike went above and beyond on this one. For those wondering, yes it was a long wait, but oh so worth it! 
I placed the order on 2/9/17 and received it 3/15/19. So two years basically, give or take.

Trust me, Mike is good. I'm already contemplating jumping back on the list for another.

Anyways...

Specs: solid korina body with a plain maple top, ebony fretboard, MOP block inlays, Throbak DW-102B pickups, nickel Faber tone lock master kit, nickel Schaller tuners, multi-ply binding on the front & back, neck and headstock.

Note: some pics do not have the black accents on the waist of the body and by the strap button because they were accidentally left out. Also, strap locks were changed to Schallers. Mike corrected it with lightning speed though! Big shout out to Trish for catching it before it shipped out!

On to the pics!

dYFB41N.jpg
hvHLtl1.jpg
m7doCli.jpg
iWLH9QR.jpg
uz07LzT.jpg
VHejnLN.jpg
6nVz2wx.jpg
rneCfjy.jpg

OPSX6oG.jpg
Q8mATcF.jpg
1HR9nhd.jpg
iCUNJi2.jpg
qlBMjCU.jpg
bRcPd27.jpg
SZBzxDn.jpg

YR4Oshc.jpg
l3NxILH.jpg
itJfZyz.jpg
JUOs5GT.jpg
4I04GoU.jpg

I know I’ve said it before, but HOLY CRAP!!!

😳

That’s like the Ultimate ‘70s-era Les Paul Custom on steroids!

9 hours ago, DBraz said:

Very cool indeed.  Congrats!

How does she sound?

Sounds great! I’m a big fan of Throbak pickups and these sound perfect in the Ultimate. Nothing against Gravelin’s, I’m just a Throbak fanboy. I’m glad I chose solid over chambered. Exactly the sound I was looking for.

16 hours ago, kizanski said:

Multi-ply binding on the back?
Don't know if I've ever seen that before!

Page 92 in 'The Book', Mike.

Great looking guitar. Mid-'70s Les Paul, for sure.

In the Book of Irrefutable Guitar Knowledge...accompanying the entry for "Silverburst"....should be a photo of this guitar.  There is simply no instrument that represents that finish better than this one. F'ing incredible. 

Archived