Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/17/2026 in all areas
-
Congrats to the lucky new owner. You’re getting a phenomenal instrument from one of the best sellers on the board. Buy from Bubs!7 points
-
7 points
-
6 points
-
5 points
-
Went to see Carlos live last night in El Paso. The Doobies opened for him. Good, solid show, I would recommend catching both bands if you can. They both brought it, tons of hits and great players. Carlos is 80 and still played well. Definitely not the Carlos of youth. He had to sit for most of the show due to age, but, I still enjoyed his moments of greatness last night. OK, got to mention this... When they were switching bands, Carlo's tech brought out his rig and fired it up. OMG. Now, I've seen a LOT of shows in my 67 years. I have NEVER heard a live amp that loud. Not through the PA, this was just the rig on stage. I was over 100' away and it was insane. I have to repeat, it was INSANELY loud and CLEAN. Looked like an old 100w Boogie combo on top of a 4x12 cab. I've google'd a bit and his last rig had some Blutotone and Dumble amps off-stage, So, that 4x12 cab might be a mix of amps. The Boogie was mic'd as well as the 4x12. But, the stage volume was crazy. When the band started, he was no where near being put through the PA. It was just his rig live. We're talking a basketball size arena stage show. You could hear him direct. In fact, even the full band through the PA was not as loud has he was! Not sure who I felt bad for, the FOH mixer or the band dealing with that stage volume! One more shout out, but his wife on Drums was off-the-chart great. Wowza. Here's a quick clip. https://youtu.be/ZLKZdzQNEHE4 points
-
Shishkov #0070, the FIRST Semi Hollow DC. Yes there maybe one with a lower serial #, but the Semi Hollow was my request. Spruce Top, Trans Black Finish, Mahogany Back and Neck, Ebony Board. Weight: Lite as Air, if you lift the case and don’t think I forgot to put the guitar in it your crazy. Acoustic Voice: Loud at F*ck Neck Carve: Bigger Mirage 1. So full, round, and a more “Modern/Vintage” Feel. Pickups: Gravelin P90’s in a Humbucker Form. Hardware: Nickel Beautiful Natural Tweed Case withe wine interior. The short and the skinny, I hinted at doing a Newport Style Guitar, but Mike wasn’t ready to branch in that direction. So the DC and the Newport had a baby and it is #0070. I used it for two Gigs, I was lucky enough to have received the guitar the day before the band played an album release party for a local act. Plenty of local players and musicians in the room it was a great time. I got to walk this guitar around and put into peoples hands. This one also got a ton of playing time at the 4321 Club where it made an appearance along with 2 other Shishkovs on the same night. It NEVER set in the stand, it got played. Then the band ended, then we started seeing the number of Shishkovs start to slow down, and more and more it sat in the case. The fear of it getting damaged was too much for me. So I have now decided to let this one go, it was my second Shish out of the 4 I was honored to commission. Mike was dream to work with, I was never disappointed in any of the guitars. Price Shipping and Paypal Included. $4600. https://imgur.com/a/vcBdPvr4 points
-
I don't think we missed much "I'm giving away my Hamer guitar including a matching leather bag and a songbook. She is looking for a new home with someone who enjoys making music. - Brand: Hamer - Including black leather bag with red lining - Including songbook Currently, two strings are defective, so the guitar would have to be repaired or restringed. It's ideal for hobbyists or someone with experience who wants to make it sound again. If you are interested, I look forward to hearing from you."4 points
-
4 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
Steve Morse would use open D and G strings for the first chord. Blackmore played the first chord it at the fifth fret of the A and D strings.2 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
I bought this from another HFCer a few years back; came to me with a pair of Mojotone ’56 Quiet Coil P-90s. Near mint condition; some light dings in the finish on the back of the neck, but nothing I've ever noticed while playing. Grover tuners with Ebony buttons. I bought a pair of TV Jones Classics in the P90 form-factor to experiment with; currently, the guitar has the TV in the bridge and the Mojotone in the neck, but I can include the extra two pickups and/or swap in the combination of your choice. The guitar rocks. The only reason I'm selling now is I've acquired a pair of the exact same guitar in its 3-pickup version (re-wired so I can still get the neck+bridge combo on a 6-way toggle). Hence, this guitar is now redundant for me. I'm thinking $2k seems fair in today's market. An extra pair of either pickup goes for ~$300 new, and the TV neck pickup hasn't even been taken out of the box. I'll deliver it to you personally within a reasonable distance of New Haven, CT (i.e., between here and NYC), or ship it for $100. Here's a demo with the current setup: And here it is in action last year, with both Mojotone ’56 Quiet Coils: And here's a demo with the current setup:2 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
2 points
-
a { text-decoration: none; color: #464feb; } tr th, tr td { border: 1px solid #e6e6e6; } tr th { background-color: #f5f5f5; } Hello everyone, I wanted to provide an update on the recent interruption and the work that has been taking place behind the scenes. Over the past several days, the site has been operating in a restricted access mode while I worked through a security review, cleanup, and infrastructure recovery process. As part of that work, a number of outdated components, unused software, and legacy items were removed, security controls were strengthened, and the server environment was rebuilt and tested. The good news is that the core site, forums, content, and member data remain intact, and the site is steadily returning to normal operation. What Happened? The server showed signs of unauthorized activity that required a thorough investigation and cleanup process. Out of an abundance of caution, access was restricted while the environment was reviewed, repaired, and hardened. At this time there is no evidence that forum content, member posts, or historical discussion data were lost. What Was Done? Among other things: Security controls were strengthened. Several unused or outdated components were removed. Legacy software that was no longer needed was eliminated. WordPress and related components were updated and cleaned up. Additional monitoring and alerting were put in place. The server environment was rebuilt and tested in a restricted-access mode before returning to service. What You May Notice Over the next several days you may notice: Minor visual changes on portions of the site. Navigation or menu updates. Theme/layout adjustments. Temporary issues with less frequently used features as they are tested and restored. Occasional maintenance windows. If you see anything that looks broken, missing, or unusual, please report it rather than assuming someone else already has. What To Watch For Please let me know if you encounter any of the following: Login problems. Missing pages or content. Broken links. Missing images or attachments. Forum posting problems. Account permission issues. Unexpected redirects. Anything that simply "doesn't look right." The more specific the report, the faster I can investigate. Thank You I know interruptions and maintenance periods can be frustrating. I appreciate everyone's patience while I worked through this process. The goal has been to make sure the site remains available, secure, and reliable for the long term. Thank you for sticking with HamerFanClub. — Ted1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
Great tone, he always sounds like Carlos no matter the rig. Could've been his old Mark 1 or a Kingsnake. Wonder how he is able to hear anything after all the years1 point
-
Hi from the beautiful Milano, Italia this baby has to go, too much stuff in this appartment... 1993 Hamer Special, excellent shape, some small dings but nothing really visible except a small crack in the varnish at the neck junction (just the paint, nothing structural) original Hardshell case, in very good condition slim neck, Schaller tuners MODS : -Lollar neck P90 -I put the original neck PU (SD SP90-2n MJ) in the bridge position (polarity changed for phase purposes) I love that PU in this position, the original bridge PU was sold -knobs changed but I have the original ones -copper shielded cavity -wiring with 1 Vol and 2 tone, as I like it happy to ship to HFC members with anticipated paypal F&F, vivible in Milano or France (I travel a lot between IT and FR) thinking of 1400 EUR + shipping, I paid 1600 EUR 5 years ago to a french fellow and didn't use it that much as my beloved Newport Pro is still N°1 take care!1 point
-
I'd forgotten about the Recording Kings. Very nice for the money. I'd also suggest a Taylor GS Mini. They play bigger than their size.1 point
-
My favorite bit of sound starts at 5:45! Nice playing and guitar 🫡1 point
-
Sometime in my early 20s I reached that point in life where I value my time too much to spend it wading through other peoples trash hoping to find a hidden gem. That said, I also started shopping thrift stores for clothes around that time and at 60years old I still do. Love the thrift model but I ain't about to use it when shopping for guitars.1 point
-
I'm waiting for the Youtube vid that compares the pedal to someones home made Quad Cortex or Fractal settings, stating that they can't hear any difference from their digital modeller and the pedal. "It sounds exactly like a pedal modelled after a tube amp, you can't hear any difference at all. And the Fractal is a few grams lighter. So much easier to carry to a gig."1 point
-
1 point
-
In early 1975 I bought a brand new (1974) Fender Strat. Natural with a maple neck... just like one of Blackmore's. He was my favorite guitarist at the time. I cut grass, shoveled snow, retuned bottles, and saved for a couple years to get it. I did get to see Ritchie with Rainbow and finally with Purple during the Perfect Strangers tour. Glad he patched things up with Ian and the gang.1 point
-
He cannot play his Smoke solo anymore….as a huge DP fan of the Ritchie era, this saddens me. Ian Gillian din’t sound good either and he got lost in the song at one point. Glad they buried the hatchet on a personal level, but the performance was hard to watch. I’ll listen to Made in Japan or Perfect Strangers tonight..,and all will be well.1 point
-
1 point
-
Since we're celebrating Ultimate tops, this 2004 in Brown Sugar found a new home this week. Someone scored a gem a few days ago, and I hope it was an HFCer! Custom Order Studio Custom with Ultimate flame on Korina (!), ebony board, an extra Victory and headstock binding. Sold for $2300 at a shop in NC before I could post a PSA. Who got it? I wanna call dibs!1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
That would have been a great show! A buddy wanted to see Bonamassa here but by the time we figured all the costs it would have been close to $700 (2 decent tickets, parking, beers, taking the wives to dinner for making them go, etc etc etc). I can get 2 Hamers for that.1 point
-
1 point
-
Waiting for the new Rhett Shull video, "What is the Peavey Mace Sound?"1 point
-
I played thru a Mace for a few shows. It had EV speakers in it. FOH guy threatened to pour gas on it and burn it if he saw it on the backline again. Next show I was sporting a Boogie.1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
ChatGPT: The offered Hamer Special is largely in original condition. Two filled drill holes in front of the bridge indicate that a guitar synthesizer pickup was installed at some point in its life. I’m not entirely certain whether the strap buttons are original. Apart from that, everything appears to be original. Technically, the guitar is in excellent condition, although it shows obvious signs of honest playwear. The critical areas around the neck heel and the transition between the neck and headstock are free from any significant finish cracks. The guitar has been professionally set up with a low action, and the frets have been freshly leveled and dressed. The DiMarzio PAF pickups work perfectly and complement the naturally resonant acoustic character of the mahogany construction exceptionally well. The Graphic Series consists of just 113 guitars produced between 1980 and 1982. Each instrument was individually hand-painted by a single artist in either a black-and-white or red-and-white design, making every guitar unique. A red-and-white example was owned by John Lennon shortly before his death and is now part of the John Lennon Museum collection. Many guitars from this series were later modified with Kahler tremolos or similar hardware, so original examples have become increasingly difficult to find. I’m selling this guitar simply because I now almost exclusively play long-scale instruments, and I’m trying not to become a collector. Human beings have a remarkable talent for turning musical instruments into museum exhibits. I’m making a modest attempt to resist that impulse.1 point