Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Guitars USA might be coming back soon.


BCR Greg

Recommended Posts

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Frank, Jol, Steve Ward and many other very talented people over my many years at Hamer.  I've always been proud of the guitars that we built and I second what Bob said about the fact that there is a process that makes a Hamer a Hamer.  It's not a process that is well suited for mass production, it takes time, attention to detail and an ability to "read" the wood.  you can't force the process.  The overall team envionment and the trust that was given to us to make decisions on the floor was just as important. Things weren't pushed off to the end of the line, if something wasn't right, it was addressed or scrapped at any point during the build. I hope that if it is brought back, it is done the right way. I'd love to see other young kids get the same opportunities I had.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

 

3 hours ago, mirrorimij said:

Otherwise whoever builds them will end up with Hamer shaped objects that won't be quite right.  You need a certain spiral notebook (which I would guess is tucked away in a small shop in Connecticut) and the knowledge of a few key people.

When a Hamer insider for over a quarter century weighs in on the matter, I'm more inclined to listen.

Yet said insider is making the same assumption the long-time outsiders are that the new product would be based on or trying to imitate the old product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cynic said:

Yet said insider is making the same assumption the long-time outsiders are that the new product would be based on or trying to imitate the old product.

If it isn't why even consider using the name?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Northfield said:

 I'd love to see other young kids get the same opportunities I had.  

Who could say it better than this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Northfield said:

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Frank, Jol, Steve Ward and many other very talented people over my many years at Hamer.  I've always been proud of the guitars that we built and I second what Bob said about the fact that there is a process that makes a Hamer a Hamer.  It's not a process that is well suited for mass production, it takes time, attention to detail and an ability to "read" the wood.  you can't force the process.  The overall team envionment and the trust that was given to us to make decisions on the floor was just as important. Things weren't pushed off to the end of the line, if something wasn't right, it was addressed or scrapped at any point during the build. I hope that if it is brought back, it is done the right way. I'd love to see other young kids get the same opportunities I had.  

You remember a guy named Ryan Welcome?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

This thread is about USA Hamer coming back. When USA Hamer shut down did it also involve the imports? Are they still making those over there?

Interesting question! I had assumed the entire brand went down, either import or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They did - the sell off of imports were mostly through liquidators and some dealers, apparently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, basically, Kaman has a new name (KMC) under the Jam umbrella and has brought back the Hamer name, starting with imports, possibly to include domestic models at some point.

Did that bit of news really require a click bait thread title and 8 pages of drama?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, unfun75 said:

Did that bit of news really require a click bait thread title and 8 pages of drama?

Probably....

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, unfun75 said:

So, basically, Kaman has a new name (KMC) under the Jam umbrella and has brought back the Hamer name, starting with imports, possibly to include domestic models at some point.

Did that bit of news really require a click bait thread title and 8 pages of drama?

Well, no, but it IS the HFC, after all! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unfun75 said:

So, basically, Kaman has a new name (KMC) under the Jam umbrella and has brought back the Hamer name, starting with imports, possibly to include domestic models at some point.

Did that bit of news really require a click bait thread title and 8 pages of drama?

3471146.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unfun75 said:

So, basically, Kaman has a new name (KMC) under the Jam umbrella and has brought back the Hamer name, starting with imports, possibly to include domestic models at some point.

Did that bit of news really require a click bait thread title and 8 pages of drama?

Consider the source and their motivations.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, It seems like they choose to call the Studio "The Archtop" now, but also "Sunburst", a bit confusing (as usual, glad to see nothing has changed on that part).

The Standard and Vector now seems to have both mahogany bodies and necks. Didn't the imports use to hava maple necks? Two "Hamer humbuckers"?

 

Someone must check them out at NAMM and give us a quality report. The Standard looks nice in the pics.  
A free Snickers bar to the first review on this board.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...